This month’s Member Spotlight features: Core Resources, LLC
Located at: 150 S. Montgomery St., Spencer IN 47460
Phone: (812) 829-2240
MEMBER Q & A:
1. How many years have you been in business?
We’ve been in business for 16 years!
2. What does your business do or what type of services do you provide?
Core Resources offers a number of production machining such as, tooling & molding, plastic injection mold manufacturing. Here is some information regarding Injection molding. It is a manufacturing process for producing parts by injecting molten material into a mold. Injection molding can be performed with a host of materials mainly including metals, glasses, elastomers, and most commonly thermoplastic and thermosetting polymers.
3. What has been one of your biggest challenges in starting or operating your business?
Finding employees for this line of work.
4. What is an interesting fact about your business that most people don’t know?
How much technology based this company is. Through technology injection molding ensures the parts manufactured hardly require any work after the production. This is because the parts have more or less a finished appearance after they are ejected from the injection molds. Today, plastic injection molding is an environment-friendly process.
5. Do you have any advice for new business owners?
It’s going to be harder than you expect, so seek the advice of other successful business professionals. Networking in related fields will give you the knowledge to move forward.
6. As a member of the Chamber of Commerce, how does the Chamber help you?
Networking with local businesses and encouraging the same from the community.
7. Any other information you would like people to know?
Core Resources, LLC has done a number of projects for medical companies in the town of Spencer. The health care industries medical devices rely on plastics more than any other, as plastics are versatile, lightweight, sanitary and replaceable. Many medical devices used in medical facilities and at home by patients are made from plastic injection molding. That includes plastic syringes, containers and some tools used in actual medical procedures.
*Thank you David for being a member of the Owen County Chamber of Commerce!