As things begin to slow down and we prepare to close for Winter Break I cannot help but reflect on what a spectacular year 2017 was for the Owen County Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Corporation. Over the past year, we have worked diligently to be more involved with our community and reach out to our members and businesses. We have had a very successful year, adding many new members and connections. Our annual awards banquet in October brought over 250 people, highlighting our year’s achievements. The year would not have been as successful without members and sponsors!
Some of the highlights of 2017 were:
- Our first ever Ladies Night event – This event was a huge hit among the women of Owen County and welcomed 30 guest who can’t wait to see this event return
- Annual Back to School Expo – We handed out 400 backpacks full of supplies to Owen County students and were able to make a donation to the school corporation for purchase of additional supplies
- Annual Banquet & Silent Auction – Record breaking attendance and table sponsors
- Ribbon Cuttings – We cut the big red ribbon for 5 businesses
- #OCCCWinItWednesday – Our first ever social media contest to help bring awareness to the businesses affected by the construction along 46/Morgan St.
We open 2018 hosting the first Legislative Breakfast of the year at Owen Valley Christian Fellowship, 338 State Hwy 43, Spencer. The breakfast will take place on Saturday, January 20th at 7:30 a.m. and is sponsored by Spencer Pride. These events are a public forum designed to learn about our Legislator’s key issues, ask questions and discuss issues that are important to you and your businesses. Breakfasts are offered the 3rd Saturday of the month, January through March.
We hope you continue to recognize our efforts and participate in the events and opportunities that we share with you. We are very fortunate for the wonderful Chamber members we have supporting our endeavors. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and as you think about what 2018 looks like for you take a look around and ask yourself, “What can the Chamber do for you?”